7.28.2008

Spencer Slease

Early Saturday morning a good friend of mine was admitted to the ICU with severe head trauma caused by a horrific automobile accident. His name is Spencer Slease, of whom many of you may know, and with his head injury, his brain is continually swelling. If it doesn't stop swelling 5 days after it begins, he is as good as dead. Wednesday is his 5th day. For those of you who don't know him, here is what I wish to tell you: He is a great boy. He is outgoing, kind, funny, and just an overall great guy. I'm proud to call him my friend. He is about 14-15 ish, I can't remember....he is so immature, but in a good way, just like a 14 year old boy should be.... and he has so much more left of a great life to live. He is strong, and his willpower is even stronger... but more than anything, he is strong in his faith of Christ. He knows who he is and what he is meant to do here, and is willing to learn more, to love more. His faith and testimony is strong, sure, and true. I know he is a true disciple of Christ, our Redeemer. He needs us, guys. My ward is hosting a special fast for him on Wednesday, his critical day. All I truly ask is just a true, sincere prayer for him. Fast with us if you'd like. Every effort counts. I know that he, his family, and all of us could accept his death, for we know it surely would be God's will, and He does everything for us, and only what is best for us. If God were to bring him home, I'd know that surely he'd be in a better place, and we could all see him again if we live worthy of it. Death isn't the ghastly thing we make it out to be; really, it's something sacred and Holy, that brings on even greater things than life, and it shouldn't be feared. This surely is a test of our faith; we need to prove our faith to God with all our might, and I know He will listen. All the same, I believe Spencer deserves to live, and I know that I need him. Please people, even just a small prayer. keep him on your mind, please. Don't forget him. Let's do this for Spencer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened with spencer slease? was he ok when they removed the life support?

Unknown said...

I'm Spencer Slease you have no idea how grateful I am for the fasting and prayers guys! It truely saved my life! I'm almost normal now and the doc. says I am a miracle, I guess we truely cant comprehend what faith can do for us.